The school carnival is just around the corner and we are looking for volunteers to help out in varying degrees with various jobs.
The carnival takes many hands to make this event a success. Please consider helping out in one, or more, of the following ways.
Become a Booth Representative
You can do this from home. Recruit volunteers to help set up, work shifts in the booth and tear down.
Volunteer for a shift in your classroom booth, or another classroom’s booth, if your booth is full.
Volunteer to help to with any of the following:
- Decorate – work with carnival co-chair, Kacie Price, in charge of decorations.
- Set up – work with carnival co-chair, Elizabeth Young.
- Help move games down from carnival loft into gym after school Thursday,
- Help set up booths staring around noon on Friday. Help set up inflatables around 3 pm Friday, set up tents, bring games into the respective booths,
- Help move tables, desks and chairs to booths in the gym (starting around noon on Friday) and out on the blacktop outside (after school on Friday),
- Help move cafeteria tables to undercover area
- Tear down – work with carnival co-chair, Elizabeth Young.
- After the carnival closes (7:30pm for game booths/8:00 pm for prize booth) – help move games back up to carnival loft,
- move tables, desks and chairs back to where they came from,
- cafeteria tables brought in from outside,
- help pack up inflatables and take down tents.
Most booths are easy enough that kids can help out. Aunts, Uncles, Grandparents….all are welcome to help out.
If I know your availability and what you’d like to help with, I can make sure to get you prepared before you arrive at the school to help you hit the ground running when you arrive.
If you are interested or have questions, please email Elizabeth Young at email@example.com or call her at (360) 607-8375.
Friday, June 8th for Kindergarten, 9:30-10:45am.
Monday, June 11th for grades 1-5.
3rd – 5th grade will start at 8:45am and finish at 11:45am.
1st and 2nd grade will start at 12:15 and finish at 2:15pm.
During Field Day the students rotate through a variety of game stations and then finish their time with popsicles.
This is one of the most anticipated events of the year and a great way to enjoy the spirit of Mary Woodward! Please look for a sign up coming soon!
Wednesday, June 6 is your next chance to bike or walk to school with a celebrity! Walks depart from the TVF&R Station on Walnut and the Summerlake Dog Park, and celebrities will lead walks from either location on a rotating basis.
Our June celebrities are… Our Fifth Grade Ambassadors!
We are honored to be joined by our departing fifth graders as they finish out their final weeks at Mary Woodward and move on to middle school. Please join us to help send them off in style! Fifth grade ambassadors will depart from both locations.
If you live outside comfortable walking distance but would still like to join the fun, there are two meeting locations where you can park and then walk or bike with your children.
All walking school buses and bike trains will leave for school at 7:40 am. This event will happen rain or shine.
For more information or to volunteer to lead a walking or biking group, please contact Jennifer Vasicek at firstname.lastname@example.org.