The Mary Woodward Carnival is an annual event usually taking place the end of May or beginning of June. Everyone at the school is part of the planning and it is always a much anticipated event. Preparation for the carnival is a collective effort of Teachers, Students, Staff, and Parent Volunteers. It can’t be successful without everybody’s help.
Friday, June 2, 2017
We will need many volunteers to make the 2017 carnival a success! Please email if you’d like to get involved!
It’s carnival season and we are looking forward to putting on another great event for our families!
Watch soon for booth sign ups to come out – every classroom must sign up for a booth, and the early bird gets the most choices of booths!
This year, four out of the five co-chairs are fifth grade parents who are moving on to Fowler next year. We love this school, but we aren’t coming back next year to plan the carnival! That means we need parents who will shadow us this year to take over the carnival next year. Spending time in a shadow role is much much easier than jumping in cold.
Yes, the event is a big one, but when each person has just one piece of the puzzle, it’s very manageable even for parents who work or who can’t be at school during the day. We have great check lists and templates in place to make it easy to throw the best party of the year.
The main duty areas are:
- Booth Coordination (Identify games, assign classrooms to booths, provide game details, work with classroom booth rep)
- Decorations (choose a theme, plan and set up decorations)
- Vendors (coordinate the event rental and food vendor companies)
- Prizes (plan and purchase prizes for fishing booth, wheel of fortune and prize table)
- Ticket Sales (plan and coordinate pre-sales and day of sales)
- Marketing (create flyers, newsletter articles and posters to promote the event)
If you are interested in being in a shadow role this year, and having fun with the current Carni Crew, please contact the Carnival team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cheryl, Kari, Keri, Laura and Megan